• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Youth and Beauty - how about an exchange of knowledge - mine for yours? :)

Ninae

Bluelighter
Warning: LONG. Only for the specially interested.

But as what I was trying to contribute was so unapppreciated and poorly received here I've now started writing a book on the subject instead (after being encouraged by my Employment supporters) and thought I would chance my approach and instead ask of any advice from YOU.

Anything would nbe very much appreciated (as long as it's at least half-serious) and this is just as much about health as it's linked so closely together. A better looking body-part is a healthier bod part for the most part - a full head of thick beautiful hair will have its origins in healthy hair cells, more than anything (so that's where our money should go, to nourish your hair cells, and not the latest glossy shampoo).

In short, what I'm looking for is:

Theories and knowledge of what makes the human face and body beautiful (proportions/shapes/colour harmony, etc.). How genetic facors play into it all (this is what I find most complex, though I assume better genes = better organs overall, including facial features, and also better shapes of all the organs). As well as better health which leads to better looks overall (why alcoholics/addicts are not the prettiest sight).

How conditions in the womb , and how the mother's health and nourishment affect the health, and consequently appearance of the growing child (this is a big one - I have two identical twin sisters, one came out pretty, or a 7/10, to use common language, the other well below average, and also somewhat mentally/socially retarded).

- Nourishment in the formative years (up until it's full grown, but especially while beaing breastfed).

- Environmental factors and accidents that might contribute (like sunlight and exposure to electricity). I was electrocuted in the womb, for intstance, which I believ might have contrivuted to some lack of symmetry which my parents don't show (al though this was easily correctd with facial exercises - a slightly lopsised mouth, mostly).

- Diseases which might leave some permamnent effect (Johnny Rotten's exceptional visage is said to have been a product of Meningitis, although this I don't know).

- Lifestyle factors throughout childhood and all through life - diet, exercise, fresh air, lack or exposure to sunlight (extensive sun exposure can age skin as much as 10 years if no measures are taken to protect or heal skin from the damage) and anything that can affect your health and appearance for the good or bad (practically unlimited options these days, but I'm thinking more of the basics).

- General grooming and cosmetic treatments. Mainly want to hear about natural and self-made cosmetics from natural ingredients as these are the only I see as having any benefit, while the others have shown much proof to do more harm than good apart from moisturising and immediate cleansing effects (fine for teenage years).

Also, any harmful effects of it. Normal make-up (and skin care products)2different are VERY toxic, for instance, and I notice women who wear it daily age much more rapidly, and in a different way, as if the skin cells and tissue detoriorate in a way those who never wear any do. In fact, my guess is this is one of the reasons women age more quickly than men. Men just never get that detoriorated look, even when they reach their 60s. I also rarely wear make-up (as well as being vegetarian and staying out of the sun) and only use natural cosmetics and I always get taken for being 5-10 years younger (I am 27). But I could say I was 20 and no one would laugh (I'm also looking into how necessary the visivle aging process actually is).

- Any experience with the new "Actives" that have come on the market in the last decade. That is, being able to buy those active, supposedl effective ingrdeinet which they put in regular cosmetics, assumabl in amounts to have any effect, as well as no way to check out quality. Which allows you to use them in very concentrated forms and be able to observe the results for ourself. I have experienced some myself and also read about others experiences and the results have largel been very impressive.

What I'm talking about are things like: Acids, in their pure form, that you can use at home on yourself instead of paing a fortiune to have a plastic surgeon or dermnatologist to it. Vitamin-C serum (can also easily be made by ourself by mixing Ascorbic Acid with glycerin or Aroe Vela Gel (for the healing effect). The latter is indispensable when experimenting with substances as these for it's rapid healing effect. Copper peptides,Retinol or similar, Hydrauloic Acid, etc. etc. (Diane Yvonne is a great, affordable source for all these (I assume "Sourcing" for harmless health products is allowed?)

AllI can say is all these can make a dramatic difference, as opposed to regular cosmetics, no matter what claims they make. You won't believe it before you've tried it. I remmeber the first time I tried a regime of Vitamin A-cream/Retinol with an exfoliator (the Obagi regime) and a blender to even out the skin tone, I was AMAZED how my skin felt like a baby's skin when it had all healed and peeled off (though a bit wax-like and artificial, as adults are not meant to have skin like that, but, hey, it worked).

Also, any recomendatins for natural skin care/make up brands if this is allowed (mine goes to DR. Hauschka (especially their almond meal cleansing cream and Melissa skin cream, simply divine, and affordable too (Primavera is basicall the same, I think). The Organic Pharmacy is wonderfully luxurious but less valuable for its purposes, I feel, and cost a fortune (most goes into packaging and marketing). While another problem is most natural brands ae prett bunk these days after the trend took over the commercial market and nonly a few are really worth it (I can list those I can recommend if you like, or you can PM me, as I am somewhat of an expert in the field).

As well as any homemade stuff (freshly made with tons of nutrients). Some of my favourites include honey and egg white mask. Honey with cream/creme fraiche is great (Cleopatra had it right, I should know, as I might have been one of those reponsible for preparing some of her baths - when I wasn't busy trying to lure Marc Anthony away from her). Just to give you all a laugh at my lack of sanity, but it's there in the akashic records, apparantly, and I was only a humble servant, though there was also a reason for me being there.

Either way, back into the realms of sanity, it all makes more than sense. Only idiots would believe chmicals could be better for an biological organism than actual nourishing substances suited just for that purpose. Anything made from fruit, vegetables, buts, grains, seeds, diary, etc. are superior to anything you can find on a shelf. ANYTHING. Apart from a few of those actives like Vitamin-C powder as it provides those nutrients in a moe concentrated form.

And for lightening my hair I like applying some 6% hydrogen peroxide until it's as light as I want it, and then just rub it into my roots once a week to keep it up. This is mcuh more gentle for the hair, and doesn't destroy the hair cells, rather than fring them in one go. You also get to control nthe colour for yourself.

This turned out long, but thought I would give instead of just asking to get this time, so just read it in parts if you find it too much. Just a few more points to mention.

- All the new technology that has been develpd for a variety of purposes. Lasers , thermal treatment machines (to restore collagen), different forms of coloured lights that does different things (blue is purifying, green healing, etc.) electro-stimulation (tichtens muscles and is virtually a successful facelift as it reall tightens up slaccling muscles) Especially now these machines can be bough and done at home as much as you want. (So you have technology both to tighten the muscles and skin = seems like a superior facelift to me). Only tried the electro-stimulation, but definitely works.

There are a large veraity to choose from and most seem to have som merit if you can get a high qualit (sually expensive one, but not as expensive as a plastic surgery procedure gone wrong). And genrally, the ones sold for home-use are much weaker and the really strong ones mustbe perfomrmed at a doctor's office. But this is nnot necessarily a bad thing, as a slower more gradual approach can be just as ngood or a better thing, s your body has time to asjust and isn't hit with the shock all at once. But some are necessary to be done at a surgeon's office.

- There is also one great new invention I think might be put above all the rest - oxygen treatments. I have seen some amazing results from this, nf from women who go to have it done every month. Oxygen being one of the most esential things for the functioning and very survival of any bodil tissue (it would stand to reason it would be a very effective weapon against aging, or to even reverse aging). I suspect this to be the cause of the much younger, purer, and generally healthier look of the rich and famous lately, like royalty, Madonna, and the like. They age, but their skin and tissues don't age. It's also very puifying/detoxifying and can get rid of toxins which build up over age and is a agreat contributor to the aging process. So this none I have great belief in. Try it once oe twice if you can afford it and see for yourself. I will when I get a bit older but I have other means to get those effects as of yet.

- Facial massage and exercise. Nothing short of miraculous as it can achieve sooooo much. Massage cab basically help keep the tissues firm and in shape, detox, help take the nutients in and moving around, and take in more oxygen. Willcan take years off your face that wa and just make you more pleasent to look at. Just make your facial tissues (skin, muscles, and all) more healthy and give your face a more healthy, youthful, glow.

Facial exercise to begin with works in a similar way as facial massage just much more powerful, so if ou do regular exercises ou might not need massage. This can indeed achieve a lot. A perfectl effective substitute for a facelift, or any other kind of lift (like lower eyebrows or smaller eyes due to sinking eyelifs (caused by weakening of the eyelid muscles). The muscles around the eyes are also very small and easy to lift. Take some patience, and I am obsessive and impatient, so like to spend at least an hour, sometimes one and a half, when I'm trying to get some results (maintaining is much easier, half an hour can be enough).

Un-ideal features can also be corrected. Like assymetricies, due t differences in muscle stength, or lack of it all together - like a slack jaw or mouth - "handog" look, for instance. Also cheeks can be built up to make you seem to have higher cheekbones which is actuall ideal for women, as female cheeks are narturally made up more of fat, giving a softer look. It's male cheekbones that are made up more of bone, giving a harder look (hence Linda Evan's somehow unnatural, inhuman look, despite those glorious cheekbones anyone would die for, but they would look better with a cushion of some fat).

The injections performed to give this result I'm also not a big fan of, and look somewhat akin to lip injections (think Janice Dickinson). Facial exercises is where it's at (and maybe a very slight injection skillfull done, and a cheekimplantif cheekbones are completely lacking, and they are coveered with enough fat (not silicone). It's almost unlimitd to what ou can improve by using facial exoercises this way (especially combined with electrostimulation and chemicalsTechnology that help build up collagen and elastin to strengthen the skin and connective tissue. The result is greater outh/beauty. Even larger lips could be achieved with the right exercises I would imagine, although I already have larger lips than average, so haven't experimented). Can definitely help you reach the highest potential of our beauty though.

- Wrinkles. Virtually unnecessary these days, especially started early enough (preventive measures should start as soon as you're grown out (around eigteen), you will thank yourself later, when you still look 18 at 28. Between acids (which literally polishes down the surface of the skin, but make sure not do overdo it, as it wears down the skincells (acids are not exactly bio-friendlt and shouldn't bne overdone) and can give you a "dead" waxlike look (in a way, today's celebrities and rich people are our guinea pigs to learn from, so cheers, Madonna).

Anything that's good for the skin will help prevent the forming of wrinkles, but once the are there the only solution is reall just some kind of injection, and these days we do have some harmless ones, like our own fat. So skin-based wrinkles are a non-issue, if you can afford to get rid of them, it's the ones based in muscle that is the real problem, as as of now we only really have botox to get rid of them, which needs to be used very sparingly.

- Hairloss (for men) Good results have been shown from experiments that have been performed to nurture the haircells, like smear them in with coconutfat, and other nourishing oils. Even hair cells that have been completel dead have appeard to have woken up anbd started growing hair again. Don't know if this is just bullshit, but seems like a good idea to be started while you still have your hair to prevent it from happenig to begin with (brush your hair vigorously everyday to stimulate the scalp, etc.) But we soon ought to have some successful hormonally based treatments for this now.

Well, I think I will call it a day (phew). See how I conceived of the idea I might be able to write a book, and see it as a realistic option? Even if it's just as an outlet of my boundless mental energy. You're also further welome to ask any more questions of anything related and I'll answear if I can, no matter if you have anything to give me in return, though that would also be nice.

I also hope this thread won't get chucked out like the others as it might actually prove out to offer invaluable information to many, that can be applied in practical life (the best kind).

P.S. Forgot to add "decorative items". Like anything you can do to temporarily enhance your looks, without actually permanently improving it, namely make-up, hair-styling, and clothes.

This is an area that has greatly declined compared to previous decades like the 50s or 60s, with icons like Brigitte Bardot, Marilyn Monroe, and Britt Ekland actually making a real effort with rolling their hair and arranging it in artistic hairstyles that added beauty to their overall look (same with make-up and clothes). How man women actually do that these days? It all seems to be about mindlessly following commercial fashions, like we're led by the money, rather than inspired by genuine beauty.

This must have been a great delight for men living at the time. As opposed to young girls these days, who at the prime of their lif when they should be celebrating and making the most out of their beauty, most won't bother with anymore than slicking back their (barely combed out) hair in a pony tale and slapping on some random make-up just for the sake of it which does nothing to add to the beauty of their face.

If you compare some of the older and modern "beauty icons" you'll see what I mean. It's like women get no joy from making themselves beautiful anymore. Like a kind of "working-class" (in terms of looks) aesthetic has ruled for decades (can't be bothered, can't afford, don't know how). Sad.

While if you compare with the 60s, even poor women would take pride in their appearance and make an effort to make the most of their looks and enhance their beauty. It was just what was done. The nearest we have now is super-models, as it's part of their profession, and to some extent actors/singers and other performers. But that magic/glamour seems to have been lost and I can't help feeling the female sex has lost some of our value and mystery because of it, as it was something that could really spell-bind men, I think.

Though socio-economically, I suppose "the culture of beauty" was only ever meant to be for the upper-classes, while the under-class (while there was only the two) was supposed to look likie trash, age early and poorly for various reasons, and just not be given to means, knowledge, or time/energy to cultivate their appearance to much extent at all. It was the upper-classes which over time developed their appearance to a work of art (more specificialy women) and had the time/servants, know-how, and the means to buy all the clothes and jewels, which were truly works of art by themselves, (which Designer clothing now are the equivalent of, but not quite the same).

I think I just long for this culture of beauty to be more widespread, even if it wouldn't take enormous amounts of time and resources and be more like the icons of the 50s//60S, it would still be a joy to the eye and all of us who love visual beauty, and human beauty. I just happen to love both (humans AND beauty) so the combination of both in one doesn't come much better for me. And the human body really CAN be a work of art, I would even say the greatest there is, and when the natural beauty of the human form is enhanced by human artistry something magical happens that no pain on canvas can compete with.

Even though there are those who want to deny the existence of such a thing as objective human beauty and seem to feel attacked by the notion, which is perplexing to me. But I guess it's a form of self-protection mechanism, or because they can't admit to others being superior to them in some area as their egos are to great (or small) to handle it. While if it came to something THEY excelled at, like say intelligence or athelticism, they would be the first to admit that people aren't equal on all levels and even fight aggressively for it (just to get that self-esteem boost).

Oh, the sad predictability of human nature. I just wish we would all learn to love ourselves more and aquire more genuine self-worth. Then no one would have a problem with anyone else excelling over them in any area and just be at peace with the fact that we all have out own strengths. I guess beauty is a bit different, though, as it's so tied in with the ability to be loved and the sense of human worth that there almost seems to be a sense of doomed tied up with the fact of not measuring up (to objective standards) in some way.

And, Yes, it IS also in the eye of the beholder, but only to a certain extent (like preferring red hair to blond, or skinny to curvy, or one kind of beautiful woman to another). Or finding somone more beautiful because of their personal qualities even though their visual appeal would be found objectively less by most. Guess what I'm trying to get across is that I am not trying to bully anyone or make them feel less-than, but inject some realism into it all and come to some sort of (objective) understanding, which is always desirable to me, as a lover of knowledge and despiser og ignorance.

Though I accept to those (most?) who don't take the time to see it more than superficially I'm nothing more than the typical celebrity-worshipping teenage-girl with no more depth or meaning to it. Nothing more than my ego can take, just find it sad we can't get a constructive discussion on a meaningful topic any further than this type of juvenile, bullying nonsense. Oh well, your loss, not mine (and that was also a joke, no need to come down on me for displaying such obscene arrogance). ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
By the way, when it comes to the "decorative aspect" of things, or simply how you can arrange your hair, put on your make-up, and the clothes that you use. Wouldn't it be great if more women (or any at all) still bothered to arrange their hair in artistic set-ups like this:

os04efsvh

This is an area that has greatly declined compared to previous decades like the 50s or 60s, with icons like Brigitte Bardot, Marilyn Monroe, and Britt Ekland actually making a real effort with rolling their hair and arranging it in artistic hairstyles that added beauty to their overall look (same with make-up and clothes). How man women actually do that these days? It all seems to be about mindlessly following commercial fashions, like we're led by the money, rather than inspired by genuine beauty.

This must have been a great delight for men living at the time. As opposed to young girls these days, who at the prime of their lif when they should be celebrating and making the most out of their beauty, most won't bother with anymore than slicking back their (barely combed out) hair in a pony tale and slapping on some random make-up just for the sake of it which does nothing to add to the beauty of their face.

If you compare some of the older and modern "beauty icons" you'll see what I mean. It's like women get no joy from making themselves beautiful anymore. Like a kind of "working-class" (in terms of looks) aesthetic has ruled for decades (can't be bothered, can't afford, don't know how). Sad.

I completely disagree with your interpretation of this. I see the fact that women don't feel the need to spend literally hours on their hair, make-up, clothes, what have you every single day anymore as an affirmation of our equality to men. I honestly don't see why we should waste (yes, frankly, I see it as a waste) so much of our time on supposedly 'perfecting' our appearance when men just need to throw on a shirt and a pair of jeans and voilà. You said it yourself, back in the 50s it was done purely for the pleasure of men. Talk about gender equality.
A beautiful woman is a beautiful woman without needing to cover herself in beauty products or spend 45 minutes curling her hair every morning.

I completely disagree with your interpretation of this. I see the fact that women don't feel the need to spend literally hours on their hair, make-up, clothes, what have you every single day anymore as an affirmation of our equality to men. I honestly don't see why we should waste (yes, frankly, I see it as a waste) so much of our time on supposedly 'perfecting' our appearance when men just need to throw on a shirt and a pair of jeans and voilà. You said it yourself, back in the 50s it was done purely for the pleasure of men. Talk about gender equality.
A beautiful woman is a beautiful woman without needing to cover herself in beauty products or spend 45 minutes curling her hair every morning.

Word.

Natural girls are the best.

Hey Page,

I was happy to see your comments, actually, as it gives me the chanche to clear up what appears to be so many misunderstandings here.

As for most of your points, I agree. Or at least partly, or seen from one side. But as with most things in this world, it is a complex issue with more than one side too it. Which I will try to explain and bring some clarity to, and when I'm done I think you'll be able to see where I'm coming from and maybe even open to some of my ideas (fingers crossed).

In fact, it's not so long since the proverbial lightbulb came on in my own head, to tell the truth, as I've shared your views most of my life (but don't we most when we're young?) Most of us only start to worry about anti-ging when it's already too late, or we have allowed out bodies to decay so much on the inside and out, it's too late to reverse it. But getting into the beauty industry has forced me to consider these things and made me make a few valuable relisations I would be happy to share with others.

I think part of the problem is that most make up and hairstyles are so shitty these days, they're barely worth making the effort for, and you might just as well be your natural self (which many males are also very vocal about). There is no real "Culture of Beauty", which seems to have been the case for the past few decades, which I find to be very sad, as both a lover of art and beauy, and someone who enjoys going out looking my best and feeling beautiful, not to mention admirering others of great beauty.

But surely no effort is better than a poor effort, so you re not wrong there, natural all the way. But there are also other options, in fact these days they are virtually unlimited and what direction you choose to take is entirely upto you. But now onto your comments...

Yes, yes, and yes. I actually agree with you half of the time, half of the time, not. A naturally beautiful woman putting no effort into her appearance is miles better than a bad-looking one who spends hours a day on it (then again, what better option does the poor woman in question have? Though this is another matter). Also, as for poorly applied make-up and dreadful hair-dos - nothing is surely better.

These are some of the more obvious facts, but there are also many subtleties and not-so-obvious facts many, which I not so long ago realised. After all, female beauty is QUITE the mystery, even the richest and most famous has made glaringly obvious mistakes in the form of plastic surgery and such (most of which are based more on fantasy than what are realistic possibilities) though it has started to reveal some of its secrets to me by now - seems blindingly obvious as soon as it comes to you, though - enabling me to share with others.

So I'll try to explain some of what I've learnt and hope at least someone can get something out of it:

1. When you're a young, natural beauty, you can be beautiful enough as you are and there is no need to spend endless time and effort on your looks. Just taking a minimum amount of time to brush and arrange your hair, keep yourself clean, and wear some ok clothes can often be enough. No make-up is often not worn - think the 17 year old stunner in jeans and a T-shirt - the archetypical beauty ideal - the young fertility goddess. But it's not one that's easy to achieve if you're not one already (the high school princess) which are limited in number or they wouldn't be so valued - hence the term "princess". Maybe 1-3 in a year at most.

Taking great care of your health and grooming well, or caring for your hair and skin, is the best bet I can think of, apart from doing your hair and face well. Also, wearing toxic/commercial make-up should be put off as long as possible or it will start to detoriate your cells and leave you with a strange detoriated look which men and women who never wear mnake up seem to get - or how many women in third world countries have you seen with that same aged look women in Western countiries have? Their skin still seem well and healthy (That was an important tip to be kept in mind, by the way).

Probably the main reason why men seem to age better facially in spite of not taking care fo their skin (maybe BECAUSE of it as those skin care products (ironically also the "anti-age" ones are toxic to your cells and propably interfers with the ability for cell-renewal). This is valuable knowledge you might want to thank me for if you get what it can mean to you (not that I have any need for thanks, LOL, being able to share my knowledge with you and maybe improving some of your lives is thanks enough).

(There are also non-toxic, and semi-toxic, brands out there, but there are now so many making these claims it's hard to know what to buy, but I will make some recommendations in a later post - I take this thread very seriously by the way, as it's a very serious topic in some parts - or have you seen Linda Evans (the previous reigning demi-goddess lately?). So no tasteless jokes, if you please - the consequences to getting some of this wrong is no joke to a woman.

Anyway, this simple approach is also how I like to do it many days, when I don't feel like beautyfying and have a "good day" and feel good enough already, or just can't be arsed about fussing over my looks (though not a good stretegy for a female as a whole in this world where female value equals about nil when you look poor - not saying it's right just how it sadly is - with both cultural and biological reasons for it - i.e. a woman loses her biolgical value when she can no longer reproduce so it's only natual men lose sexual interest and want to look for "younger", as cruel as it might seem, but I can get the underlying reasons (though "natural" doesn't equal "right" or a good way to treat someone - and these natural impulses should also be fought to some extent).

Many men also find this natural look very sexy (though mostly in a young, naturally good looking girl - duh). It also says that you are natuarally beutiful enough not having to make any effort, which is impressive, of course, but those years don't last very long. Plus, you can always be more beautiful and many actually enjoy beautification (been one of my favourite hobbies since I was 12 - started steaming, exfoliating, and applying cleansing and moisturising masks on my face weekly just for the sheer joy of it - must be something in the feminine genes).. I have noticed naturally good-looking girls also seems to have a natural higher interest in beauty care...not because there's more of a point to it for them, just that it fascinates them naturally and they enjoy spending time on it, like some guys enjoy weight-lifting.

2. What I was getting at was, for one thing, with age and as your natural beauty declines, for some more than others (depending on genetics, lifestyle or health-care factors, as well as how well you take care of your appearance or "shell" or superficial part of your body that others can see, but is actually an result of what goes on underneath, in the blood and major organs, etc. - as anyone who's ever been an addict can surely vouch for).

Even after 25 many can't measure up to what they looked like at 18, and might still want to. So that is one aspect of it. Another one is simply anti-aging procedures. This in an area that has now come very far and it is no longer necessary to age as we used to, and looking ten years younger than your age is now actually a realistic option, if you can be botherd to mke the effort and can afford it, as it doesn't come free. Taking care of your health with the right diet and enough exercise must be included and is the most important part, otherwise you're just an aged body with a shell that keeps itself up by more superficial means (working only with the skin and underlying tissues). AND A FACELIFT IS NOT THE ANSWEAR. I might go into why in more detail at a later point.

But this all depends on how much you're willing to invest to hold onto your youth. If you want to age like Madonna this has a price (in time, money, and energy). But it also has it rewards. So that is every woman's decision to make, I just want to get the knowledge out that the possibility is there, even if you're not a millinaire, and more than most are aware of. Much of it is also very pleasent to do, and nothing like hard work, like yoga, massage, facials, light-technolgy, milk and honey baths, etc. Luxurious.

3. In my last post about "the decorative aspect" I was talking about how I feel it's a shame beauty culture has declined so much over the years that most women now seem to put next to no effort into putting together their looks, while it used to be seen as a "pakacge" where hair-style, make-up and clothes would come together to as an artistic whole (I love the concept of the human body as art, as indeed it can be, both by nature and how we take care of it).

Now you rarely see anything else than hair hanging loose and barely brushed out, either with a side or middle parting, or pulled back in a poiny tail, which is both quite plain to look at, not to mention gets monotonous when having to see all the time. No one seems to take the time to create real "hair-dos" anymore (which I'll show some examples of later) which can really heighten your looks as your hair is a large part of the overall look, frames your face, and is seen as one with it. Believe me, I was shocked when I did some reseearch and saw with my own eyes what a difference it can make, and after experimenting some with my own hair.

Apologises for the obscene length, as per usual. I really need to get going with that book...plus start a blog.

To be continued... with visual examples to make my meaning a bit more clear...to give you some rock-solid evidence for my theories so even the most stubborn will have to give it up.

Also, for the 100th time, maybe someone could give me the benefit of the doubt before forming a harsh and unfair judgement? Just because it usually doesn't prove to be anywhere as bad as, or what you, thought. Or even just taking the time to read it through properly and understand what it's all about before deciding it's all hogwash. Thanks.

Pagey and me I believe have come to an understanding by now :)

Though I'm only half-done with what I had to say to you yet - still hadn't gotten around to the social or politically correct aspect of it. That beauty is also power for a woman in this society, whether you like it or not, and as there's no way to change it. The best you can do is to make the best of what you've got - or otherwise go live in a cave for the rest of your life. This is one thing you just can't fight.

Of course easy to say and go on to capitalize on for a woman born beautiful, like Madonna. There are also those who would be in a more impossible situation and their options aren't that great. Go live in a hippie-community where "looks don't matter" maybe - aside from when a guy is looking for a girl, of course, as I've yet to see one it doesn't matter to. Except for the ones who can't get even a remotely hot girl and spend their lives bitter about it. But maybe I've just been around superficial people all my life. Either way, if you have it, use it to your advantage.

Last edited:
holy wall of text....

Eat healthy food.
Get some exercise.
Don't worry what people think.
Wash your body.
Post nudes.

Everybody wins.

high cheekbones, straight white teeth, nice body, good hairstyle (no short dyke BS, you're not rihanna)

less is more with makeup: just use the eyeliner? mascara? stuff to make the lashes look better, maybe some slight eyeshadow, cover up acne spots if you have it. I hate it when girls cake their makeup on, looks ridiculous

hit the gym, stop eating mcdonalds all the time, or binge drinking on weekends

less is more with makeup: just use the eyeliner? mascara? stuff to make the lashes look better, maybe some slight eyeshadow, cover up acne spots if you have it. I hate it when girls cake their makeup on, looks ridiculous
Women abuse makeup to feel pretty, definitely not to look it:(

Hey, my little angels,

Just took a break to make the outline of the chapters of my book, rather than just arguing with you.

Which was pretty meaningless as it's actually supposed to be about JUST what you are arguing and trying to say (which you believe I disagree with): A book about natural/alternative beauty solutions, where the basic premise is that good looks is based on HEALTH. I know there are other books like that out there, but not nearly enough, as this view is nowhere near from getting into the mainstream. And so I thought I could make a small contribution (not being verbosely challlenged and all).

So most of the chapters are about things such as diet, exercise, explanations/theories of what creates beauty (genes, conditions in the womb, nutrition in the formative years, environmental factors, and lifestyle factors througout life. As well as some about what beauty IS (health, symmetry, proportions, shape of features, colours, etc.)

Other than that, there will be a good deal of information about new kinowledge and technology many are still not aware of, like all the new "actives" coming into the market (pure substances that actually DO something, instead of being present in inactive amounts in some commercial cosmetics, if at all). Things like acids, copper-peptides, Retinol and similar substances that stimulate collagen and elastin production, C-vitamin serums and other detoxiants, and much, much more.

Then, as a contrast, a throwback to the olden times when natural ingredinets from the food cupboard or the plantkingdom was the order of the day. Talking about things like Honey, cream, egg white and egg yolk, lemon juice, and juice and mash from other fruits and vegetables. Makes sense that what actually can give nourishment to the body is what also will give nourishment to the skin and benefit your looks, as it helps to nourish and build up the skin, muscles and connective tissues, as opposed to a collection of worthless synthetic, and often damaging chemicals -with only one agenda - make your problems worse or do nothing about them leaving you craving to buy more).

From the plant kingdom we also have much wonderful to choose from, like floral waters (no better toner), plant oils and butters, essential oils (one of the skin remedies with the very highest value), and bentonite clay (very mineralising and healing). To name a few.

These things are all better than any moisturiser, cleanser or any commercial product you can buy. Massaged my face with a mix of honey and eggwhite yesterday, after a deep exfoliation, and my skin felt like SILK - pure babyskin, honest to God.

But there are also some true, healthy, natural brands worth your time out there (even if it's the trend for almost all to claim to be these days). My personal favourite, or what seems the healthiest for your skin is Dr. Huaschka, especially The Almond Cleanser and Lemon Balm Cream, and Primavera which is pretty much the same thing (there are also a few other brands, 10-20, maybe, worth looking into) The Organic Pharmacy is very glamorous, for instance, but is based mostly on image and packaging, and as well as costing a fortune don't actually do as much for the skin or is that healthy or really natural (though you can't beat the luxurious feeling of their carrot cleanser).

It also includes chapters on massage, dry/wet brushing of face and body, and facial exercises (as an alternative to facelift along with things that help stimulate collagen and firm the skin).

It also has a whole chapter devoted to plastic surgery and that whole industry, which I'm pretty angered by, to be honest. And I mean 2/3 of it should be banned, as there is no excuse for performing these procedures which costs you a fortune, are highly traumatic for the body, and too many surgeries in the soft tissue of the face it won't be able to heal and you'll start to resemble Cat Woman. Which is jsut a new type of ugliness you can't get rid of.

There are some procedures I consider valid, mostly those that work on the bone, as this is the only way, like by sawing down a high nose bridge or inserting a chin implant. 90% of Caucasian women could probably benefit from a nose-job, as we are a bit high on testosterone and tend to have quite large/rough features, which can look fine on a man, but doesn't produce the most delicate or feminine features that looks good in a female face. But a great deal of what is performed I consider virtually criminal when there are other harmless alternatives (which hardly cost a thing in comparison) available).

But basically the premise is that Beauty = Health and you'll only look as good as you are healthy. Of course this is not immediately visible, especially in teenage years, where all have new healthy bodies. But with time, you start to see the results of a poor, unhealthy lifestyle: Poor diet, sedentary lifestyle, over-eating, alcoholism, toxic beauty products, and general neglect of your health and caring for your appearance (some caring for the surface is also necessary). Like sunscreen, for instance. Though I have to say I haven't used commercial skin care products (or make-up) in years and my skin looks much healthier and younger than most my age.

So I hope you are happier now and can see that our viewpoints were never that far apart. Being misunderstood to that extent kind of upsets me, especially when I think I'm quite clear in my writing, but at least I tried to keep the word count down this time (for me, at least ).

I'll get into the "decorative" aspect of beauty in a later post as this was taken completely the wrong way, as well.

Thanks for taking time to read through.

Last edited:
I read a very interesting article a couple of months ago that analyzed the lifestyles of people who lived to 100 or older. Scientists can't narrow in on any dietary or lifestyle variable, except for one: people who live longer and retain more youth tend to be people who are surrounded by younger people all the time. Their "spirit" is youthful and so their body matches that.